Friday, June 02, 2006

Happy Birthday, Little Guy!


My baby turned three years old yesterday. I guess it's safe to say that I don't really have a baby anymore. He's learning new words everyday, and with the expanded ability to communicate verbally have come fewer nasty toddler tantrums. He's completely quit riding in his stroller, and I noticed last night when I took the kids to play at Fun City that he could (finally!) climb to the highest levels all by himself. Yes, Gavin is officially a Big Boy now. With the exception of those pesky Pull-Ups which we just can't seem to get away from, he has shed all vestiges of babyhood and wants to be seen as the little man that he is becoming.

When I put him to bed last night, I leaned over to kiss him and said, "I want to be the last person to wish you again a very happy third birthday." I asked him if it had been a good day, and he just looked at me tiredly and said,

"I cried a lot today." (Not sure why he would say this. It didn't seem any more than usual to me)
"Were you sad?" I asked.
"No," he replied, and with his cute little lisp, he announced, "It wath becauth I wath DEPRETHED!"

2 comments:

♥Lisa♥ @ FinalScore:Boys3Girls2 said...

oh my word Sheryl, He is a little man. ack! I remember him learning to crawl. Wow, time flies fast. The things 3 y/o's say, lol. Happy 3rd Birthday Grant!!!!

heartsjoy said...

My little boy just turned 9 a week ago....whaa... so hard when they begin growing up. I still make him cuddle with me! Thanks so much for your words and encouragement to me! I was so excited when I realized you were talking Benton county and NW Arkansas. We are in BV. Where is your new home going to be? Always excited to have new friends with similar goals. :) Congrats on baby's birthday and new home!