Saturday, July 29, 2006

Arrrrgghhhhhh!!!!!

OK, I don't know what was going on in the middle of the night last night, but I suddenly got inspired a little after midnight to have a rendezvous with Blogger and see if I might FINALLY figure out how to make a few little changes to the old hot pink, really hard on the eyes background and banner I've been sporting for the past few months. Our encounter lasted about two hours, and all I really succeeded in doing was adding a pink plaid background which is only slightly less annoying than the old solid pink background and altering the banner color in such a way that the text is no longer visible ...

If I had known that I was going to have to be a master of HTML to get a look that is pleasing to the eye, I probably would have hired someone right out of the gate to design a really nice site for me. But, being the die-hard tightwad do-it-yourselfer that I am, I have stubbornly hung onto the belief that I am just right around corner from figuring out how all this code stuff works. After several months of fiddling with it with varying levels of success unsuccess, girls, (all two of you who read this blog) I'm finally waving the white flag. I always thought of myself as fairly techno savvy until I took up residence in the land of Amazingly Brilliant and Creative BlogHers. My capabilities pale in comparison to the likes of some of these sisters. They casually throw around abbreviations like CSS, XHTML, and XML and can discuss the intricacies of JavaScript as confidently as I might converse with my friends about things like, umm, which spot remover is most effective on chocolate ice cream stains.

I'm seriously out of my league.

5 comments:

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about...which is why I'm a Susie BlueBird girl all the way...

Ruth said...

Hey Girl!
I totally understand...my summer is coming to a very rapid screeching halt and I won't have time to read blogs much less comment. I just wanted you to know that if I had time for the blogging world...I'd still enjoy yours...you are a great writer and I've enjoyed reading what you've had to say...I probably won't be around much after this week...I have to get extremely organized with my time and blogging falls off the list...
Have a great fall....
:) Thanks for sharing your life with us on your site....
Ruth

MamaBear said...

Susie BlueBird? You've got to tell me more. I need help from someone who knows a whole lot more about this than I do.

MamaBear said...

Ruth,
Thanks so much for your sweet comments. Wish so much that you had time to share your life with us online, but I am oh so familiar with what it's like to try to balance work, family and everything else. My hat's off to you for keeping your priorities straight and knowing what to say "no" to.

Prayers for a great year of school! If you ever make a trip up to see the new baby, I'd love to catch up with you!

H said...

tell me about it. I've been trying to change a simple thing on my blog forever... but it just won't happen. stubborn shite.

I ended up squeezing text into some unreadable tight form, so I had to go back and reload the pre-designed template. felt like a terrible loser doing that.