In case you're wondering what's been getting under my craw, here's a brief summary:
- I underwent major surgery seven weeks ago yesterday.
- I was discharged from the hospital with a large open wound.
- I was started on a wound vac about 10 days after surgery.
- The wound vac did its work in nearly three weeks.
- It only weighed about 7 pounds but by the end of the day felt more like 40.
- The next mode of treatment came with a prohibition against getting it wet.
- Sponge baths in the hottest part of summer don't really cut it as far as I'm concerned.
When I saw Nancy a little while later, I confessed before she even had a chance to see how mangled my dressings had become. Her response? "Good for you!" She even gave me instructions on my way out the door to enjoy another shower before I come in and see her Friday morning.
I wonder if that was her very kind way of telling me that the sponge baths aren't really cutting it in this 100-plus infernal Arkansas heat??