Saturday, August 04, 2007

A Commitment to Healthy Living


It was my privilege today to volunteer at the Speaking of Women's Health conference at the beautiful John Q. Hammons Covention Center in Rogers. The morning started early when my alarm went off at 4:30 (gasp ... until this morning, I wasn't aware that such an hour existed on Saturday mornings!), and I was tempted to pull the covers over my head and go back to sleep. I'm so glad I didn't ...

Speaking of Women’s Health is a non-profit foundation whose goal is Saving Lives Through Education. They strive to educate women in a variety of ways, including educational conferences like the one I was a part of today, and to provide up-to-date information from credible experts in a fun and entertaining way so that women can better care for themselves and for their families.

One of the things that impressed me the most was the number of mothers and daughters (and daughters-in-law) that attended together. What a positive example we set when we show our daughters that taking care of ourselves mind, body, soul and spirit and working toward wholeness is important. We can't adequately care for others if we neglect ourselves.

At each SWH conference, attendees are encouraged to take a pledge for better health. Big changes come from small steps in the right direction, so with that in mind, I am pledging to drink more water and exercise daily.

So, let me pose the same question to you: What's your change going to be? Lurkers, come out of the closet, and share your thoughts.

1 comment:

♥Lisa♥ @ FinalScore:Boys3Girls2 said...

Thats wonderful.
Boy, im getting less and less time to blog hop. Seems like im hitting everyones blog like 1-2 times a week. I thought summer was supose to be relaxing :oP.
You guys staying cool in this heat??????